Aesthetics and Craft
Our Beliefs about Aesthetics in AISS
- Aesthetics plays a vital role in the holistic development of students. It complements their cognitive, moral, and social development.
- The Aesthetics help to level up the social and cultural capital of our students, especially those who come from non-privileged backgrounds.
- The Aesthetics help develop AI students into young ladies and gentlemen.
- The Aesthetics are natural platforms on which to develop 21st Century Competencies, which prepares our students for life beyond school.
- Being inclusive: All, Many, Some, Few (Treffinger’s Levels of Service model)
- Integration – within and across departments, programmes
- Alignment to the Teaching Thinking for Learning Framework, 21 st Century Competencies, and the School’s Vision, Mission, and Values
Approach – Plan, Attract, Engage, Nurture
- Students encounter the Aesthetics through school-wide programmes (assembly, Aesthetics Day, musical outings)
- Students enjoy the Aesthetics in school (Art exhibitions, AESPIRE concerts - audience)
- Students appreciate the Aesthetics through IP lessons (Lower Secondary)
- Students engage in the Aesthetics through CCAs and Enrichment programmes (Art Camp, Concerts, Learning Journeys, AESPIRE concerts)
- Students attain self-actualization in the Aesthetics through in-depth study in IP/ O-Level subjects and special programmes (EMP, MPC, O-Level Art, D&T, FCE, Music)
Desired Outcomes of Aesthetics Education in AISS
The study of the Aesthetics in AISS helps to develop AI students into young ladies and gentlemen who appreciate beauty and the arts
Aesthetics education in AI will focus on three strategic areas:
- Developing arts appreciation and building up the future audience base among the general student population;
- Providing opportunities for recognition and grooming of artistic talents to be future artists and patrons of the arts; and
- Cultivating in our students the sense of national and cultural identity.
|Ng Sheh Feng||HOD/ Aesthetics & Craft|
|Art Department||Woon Sher Lin Sheralyn||Subject Head/ Art|
|Mohamed Fauzi bin Husin||Art Teacher|
|Siti Fatima bte Azmi||Art Teacher|
|Design & Technology||Kang Yong Heng||Subject Head/ D&T|
|Seah Yen Sin||D&T Teacher|
|Ng Kin Kwee (David)||D&T Teacher|
|Abdul Aziz Osman||Technical Support Officer|
|Lee Tok Siang||Technical Support Officer|
|Nutrition & Food Science||Juny Iskawati Mohd Jaffar||NFS Coordinator|
|Ng Huey Chun Peggy||NFS Teacher|
|Nirmala K Periyiah||NFS Teacher|
|Parimala d/o Krishnin||Operations Support Officer|
|Music||Lee Jia Ling||Music Coordinator|
|Ng Sheh Feng||Music Teacher|
|Amelia Y Dizon||Music Teacher|