In Science Department, the staff creates a learning environment that focuses on conceptual learning and engages students in meaningful activities that enable them to apply and communicate their knowledge. Technology is used as a tool to help all students actively learn science in an inquiry-based curriculum. The inquiry-based process uses varied instructional strategies and scientific technologies to enable students to develop as self-directed learners.
1. Scientific Thinking Programme
- Selected 2E students.
- Objective: to develop the curiosity of students towards the science of everyday life and the scientific thinking skills required to solve questions of phenomenon happening everyday.
- Selected 3E / 4NA
- Objective: To provide students with greater exposure to practice-oriented learning approaches and help them discover their strengths and interests.
- The workshop is aligned to the Sec 4NT 'N' level Science Syllabus.
- Objective: A hands-on, minds-on approach was adopted to suit the learning needs of these students.
4. Science Challenge
- Termly science competition for the sec 1&2.
5. Visit to Science Centre
- Objective: It is a systematic way of pursuing a curiosity to its logical end, or, of engaging one’s senses (observations) on an intrigue or an enigma and using pre-knowledge, ingenuity and creativity to understand and resolve it – all in a carefully thought-out, methodical analytical-logical manner.
- Scientist for a Day workshop / Sec 1E/1N
6. Visit to Science Centre (Physics)
- Objective: To make students think about friction and how to make structures stable by using diff erent materials. Also, comparison with real-life structures will be highlighted, in particular those able to withstand extreme forces such as earthquakes
- Shake Rattle and Roll / Sec 3E/3N
7. Visit to Science Centre (Biology)
- The objective is to give our students a deeper understanding of life sciences topics and issues, and at the same time stimulate students' interest in taking up careers in the life sciences. This would educate students to be more scientifically literate and later, as adults, they would have more considered views about life sciences issues and concerns.
- DNA extraction /Sec 4E
- Finding the Lost Princess - A Forensic Approach/ Sec 3E
- Genetic Diseases / Sec 3E
|Mdm Azlin Bte Abdul Majid (HOD / Science)
|Mdm Chew Jia Zhen, Geraldine (SH / Science Innovations)
|Mdm Catherine Kang (Senior Teacher)
|Miss Agnes Lim Siew Mei
|Miss Emily Tow Swee Ai
|Mdm Ilysa Bte Saari
|Mdm Latifah Bte Noorahman||9015
|Mr Tan Boon Cheong Marc||9047
|Mr Mohamed Imran Ishak||9036
|Mr Muhammad Luqman
|Mr Ng Ping Siang
|Mdm Puah Shi Hui, Silia
|Mdm Tay Mui Khim
|Mr Tan Hong Chan
|Mr Teo Chai Yaw
|Muhammad Na'im Bin Sa'dollah
|Mdm Lee Jia Min
|Miss Li Huimin
|Mdm Phua Meng Hong
|Mr Teo Soon Hock
|Mdm Kamisah Kassim
|Miss Chia Mei Lin Tania|
|Mr Yeu Chee Wee Thomas|